The Buying Platform - Handling Leads Follow
When you receive a lead from The Buying Platform, it comes one of three ways. As a complete lead, an incomplete lead, or a disqualified vehicle lead.
Handling a Complete Lead
This is the best case scenario. The consumer has gone through the entire questionnaire process and was given a single price certificate based on your deductions and their answers.
- "Hey Mr. Customer, it sounds like we were able to get you an offer for your vehicle, when can we verify the car?"
- "When you come in, were you planning on us cutting a check or did you want to use that as a trade-in?"
At the end of the day, it is about getting eyes on the vehicle and the customer into the dealership.
Handling an Incomplete Lead
This happens when a customer starts the questionnaire but for unknown reasons did not complete it to the offer stage.
- "Hey we just saw you were almost done with your vehicle offer, we just need a little more information to give you the most accurate offer"
This is still a warmer phone call than a cold call and worth the effort.
Handling a Disqualified Vehicle Lead
This happens when a customer completes the questionnaire with one or more answers that you deem as disqualifying events. (For example: Q:How does the engine run? A: It has some knocking and pinging). It is important to not focus on the disqualifying event, don't even use the term disqualify, it sets a negative connotation.
- "We've just got your inquiry for your vehicle offer, let's talk a little bit more about your car"
- "It looks like your car was in two accidents, tell me more about the accidents"
- "Tell me more about the pinging sound, has anyone taken a look at it?"
Use the information at your disposal to get the prospect into the store.